“How do I make my own website?” I hear this question all the time from my friends who are not too tech savvy. I tell them that they need a domain name and a good hosting plan. A domain name is the address of your site. For example, the domain name of this site is www.dailybragger.com. A hosting plan is a service that stores your page on a big computer so that when someone types the domain name, they get to see the web page.
So where do you begin?
The best place to get a domain name is at
At GoDaddy you can choose a domain name, register it and begin building a page. Even if you are not a web guru, you can design your own web page for free at GoDaddy.com
. They’ll throw in a free tool just for registering a domain name.
Registering at Godaddy is easy, just follow these simple steps.
- Go to the home page for GoDaddy.com
, begin a search for a domain name you want to register by typing it in one of the “Domain Search” boxes on the home page. Click “Go.”
- Select an additional domain name or multiple domain names from the options provided by GoDaddy.
- Add to the domain name by clicking the “Yes!” button, or decline them by clicking the “Continue to Checkout” link. Create a new GoDaddy.com
account by entering the requested personal information or log in to an existing account.
- Hit the orange “Continue” button and double check your registration information.
- Choose the orange “Continue” button once more and head to the checkout. Decide whether or not to add any additions to your purchase, such as account protection.
- Pay for your domain. GoDaddy.com
will accept payment in the form of credit, checks, PayPal and gift certificates.
- Plan for a time delay once your domain is registered as it takes several hours for a
domain to become active