The Daily Bragger
Top 10 ways to improve your grocery store etiquette. By following these simple tips, you will make your shopping experience pleasant for you and for the other people behind you in the checkout line.
1. Don’t hold up traffic for 20 minutes for that parking spot that is will only save you 30 seconds of time to walk to your car. If you can’t walk that far, maybe you shouldn’t be grocery shopping.
2. Help the cashier bag your items. It makes the line go quicker.
3. Don’t go to the express lane if you have more than the posted number of items allowed. 10 cans of the same soup is not “one item.”
4. Make sure you have your checkbook, cash or debit card before you go into the store.
5. Don’t leave the line to go and get that item you forgot while the cashier is scanning or ringing up your items.
6. Don’t complain about the price of an item to the cashier, they don’t price your groceries.
7. Make sure you have a list before you get to the grocery store so you don’t stand in front of the meat section for 30 minutes holding up others.
8. Don’t leave your cart in the middle of an isle and block people so you can go to another isle.
9. Don’t go to the self checkout if you have fresh fruits and vegetables. It will take you more time to punch in the item code than it will to stand behind a family of 8 with 4 carts of groceries on the first of the month.
10. Don’t pay by check in the “Cash Only” line.
Don’t pay by debit, if you are going to take all day to slide your card, punch in your code, then slide your card again because you did it the wrong way, then do it again and again until the cashier has to come out and help you.
Please don’t spend all day looking for those two pennies you have at the bottom of your purse because your total is $31.02. (Especially if you are over 55 years old and you didn’t’ wear your bifocals. You know what I mean. )
GET OFF THE FRIGGING CELL PHONE WHILE PAYING THE CASHIER.